Friday, December 23, 2011

annie's heart

anniesashes
Hello everyone and Merry Merry Christmas! I just LOVE this season. I'm Annie from Blue Leaf Boutique. I love to make pretty things and things that reflect my love of family. I'm a mommy to two kiddos ages one and four. I think they have a secret plot to destroy any sense of order and organization in my home (insert evil laugh.) I love them to death.

"As the father has loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love." John 15:9

I'm also a wife to a husband who is smart, sensible and has the most even calm temperament of anyone I've ever met on the planet. I'm not always sensible. My temperament, well, its not always calm. Sometimes we argue. I love him to death.

My head is sometimes, a lot of times, dreaming. Dreaming of the next big thing. Dreaming of something beautiful. Dreaming of what is not yet achieved.

"A man's heart deviseth his way, but the Lord directeth his steps." Proverbs 16:9

I need balance. I have dreams but I also have laundry. I have creative goals but I also have to clean my bathroom. I have orders to fulfill but I also have babies that need a cuddle. I have a new design to test but I also have to get dinner ready. I'm probably not alone in this.

Many many times a day I bow my head. And almost like an answer I hear in my own voice, TAKE A BREATH. And I do and with it comes new clarity, new strength. All from a bowed head, a prayer and a deep breath.

I see God as a friend. A constant companion. A source of strength. I'm humbled by how much I need him everyday.

"If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you; ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you." John 15:7

It's been lovely to meet you. I'm praying for everyone to have a peaceful, beautiful and safe holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment