Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Crash



There are seasons when I cruise.

Everything is going well, work is flowing in, I'm getting the job done, and feeling good about things.

And then there are seasons when I crash.

This week, I crashed.

It started with an email from a client who pointed out a mistake I'd made, and snowballed from there.

Last night it ended with me on my knees, in tears, questioning everything I'm doing, everything I've been feeling called to.

And it occurred to me that this is where the line is.  We will hit walls.  We will face criticism.  We will have moments of self-doubt and self-pity.

But that's where it has to end.  That's when we get on our knees and say, "This.  This is where I am.  This is how I'm broken."

That's when we listen for the Voice that tells us Who We Are.

Daughters. 

Ones who need to do less cruising and crashing, and more holding loosely and handing over.  More listening to the words of our Father, who says we are called and capable.  

Because He made us that way.




No comments:

Post a Comment