Friday, November 11, 2011

sarah :: a girl in transit


Hello, my name is Sarah and I'm the writer of my blog A Girl In Transit. Ever since I had my baby girl I've been so inspired to blog about our daily lives as a family. Our family consists of my wonderful husband Brad, our sweet baby girl Samantha, our precious pug Daphne, and of course yours truly. I fell in love with Sashes to the Merchants immediately because of the relation to the Proverbs 31 woman. My blog also is about my transition of becoming the Proverbs 31 woman. She's one tough act to follow, but I'm thankful that the Lord mapped out so beautifully the type of woman we are to be. I'd love to share some encouragement and a little sample of our daily lives.






15She rises while it is yet night
and provides food for her household
and portions for her maidens.


- Proverbs 31:15



This one can be kind of tough sometimes. I will say having a baby does get me up in the morning earlier than pre-baby, but there is still a sun out when I roll out of bed. Honestly the thought of getting up when it's still dark kind of makes me sick, but when I consider how peaceful it would be in the house and the quiet time I could have doing a small morning devotional, it makes me get the little encouragement I need to want to pursue this part of scripture literally. I'm still not there yet, but it's definitely something I'm working towards. Providing food is one of those ones that can be kind of difficult to do very consistently, but like anything that I work hard for, a wonderful wave of blessing washes over me when I see my family enjoying a meal I made for them with my hands.







11The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
12She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.


- Proverbs 31: 11, 12



I love my husband. I am SO THANKFUL to the Lord that he made Brad just for me. It gives me so much comfort and hope. Our marriage alone is a testament on how wonderful our Lords providence is, and how we really shouldn't worry about tomorrow. But as much as I love my sweet husband, I am also a sinner and sin against him regularly. That poor man. Since I'm sailing through the new waters of motherhood I sometimes take out my failures and frustrations on him. I strive to do Brad good and not harm, but I know I will fail many many times. I pray that I can humble myself to ask for his forgiveness and to continue to earn his trust as his baby's mother and his wife.






13She seeks wool and flax,
and works with willing hands.


- Proverbs 31:13


19She puts her hands to the distaff,


and her hands hold the spindle.


- Proverbs 31:19



I love these verses. It helps me remember that cooking, cleaning, poopy diapers, and sleeping aren't everything that make up my life. Not that those tasks aren't important, and I'm a firm believer in doing all things for the glory of our God (even if it's scrubbing toilets) but these verses help me remember that it doesn't end there. Whether a mom is making lovely things with her hands to sell, to provide for her household, or even just for a hobby, we still have the opportunity to have an outlet for our creativity. It's so domestic. Such a pleasure and a joy to be a part of. I personally decided to do my crafting as a hobby and focus more on my blog (I'm not good at doing too many big things all at once) but I do love making these lovely felt clips as gifts.


I really love the Proverbs 31 woman because she represents how Godly, strong, and lovely a woman can be. She's not some wallflower. She's God fearing, submits to her husband, her husband is known at the gates and he trusts in her and calls her blessed, her children rise up and call her blessed. She's a business woman, gives to the poor, artistic, you name it! God gave all these gifts to her! He also gave them to us too. All things that truly reflect what a Godly wife and mother should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment