Friday, June 1, 2012

A Dream and Baby...

One thing you should know about me is that I am a dreamer! I love dreams I love thinking, talking and dreaming with friends about things that inspire us. I wouldn't call myself a planner by any stretch, but I can cast some vision of "what could be". So if you ever need to chat dreams with a sister give me a call.



That being said, I used to have this theory/fear that If I had kids my dreams couldn't come true. So for years I didn't want to have kids because I wanted to get the ducks of my dream in a row. I wanted to travel the world painting for conferences and speaking to young people encouraging them to stir up those dreams in their hearts. Thankfully my dreams of traveling the world have changed some, now I'm not sure I want to travel the world unless the Lord says. However my fear was this, how can I possibly manage children and myself with such a huge dream? Then I would proceed to over think every detail of my future life coming to the conclusion that there's no way it could work, my dreams would have to come true before the babies. Crazy, I know.

Thankfully we've decided not to wait on the dream, and if you haven't heard:


Through this process of planning for a family God revealed something to me, He is Sovereign! This I knew, but have you ever heard something once and known a truth but then you hear it later at just the right time and it revolutionizes your thoughts. That was the moment for me. God is in charge, not me and if He wants my dreams to come true then He will work them out. As I serve Him he will guide my steps to glorify himself. The verse that comes to mind when I think about this is Philipians 1:6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

That single verse is my freedom in the fear of my dreams being forgotten, If it is from the Lord and if he started it He will finish it. Thank you Lord! The pressure is off of me and laid on Him. Have no fear the Father in here and in control of the dreams baby or not. Let's have that be the freedom for us as we pursue our dreams and our families.


PS This first time mama would love any Mama wisdom you have about merging the dream and the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment