Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Love Mercy



"So speak and so act, as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty. 
For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgement."

James 2:12-13


This has been one of those weeks.

You know the kind: when you cannot hold your tongue, when you continually put your own comfort over that of those around you, when you doubt that God sees you, that He really knows you, that He will provide as He said He would.

The longer I parent my child, the longer I am a wife, a sister, a friend and, yes, a business owner...the more painfully aware I become of my brokenness, my selfishness, my failure.

And, on the flip-side, the more joyfully aware I become of His grace.

Of His Law of Liberty.  His Economy of Mercy.

My sisters here?  These Girls from Sashes?  They know a lot about mercy, about grace.

They give it abundantly, when one of us – (ahem) –  writes our post late because we ran out of time.  Because life got in the way.

That's why we're on this team together, I think.  That's why God handpicked us.

We have each received His mercy so abundantly, and this is just another place for us to love the mercy He has shown us, to pass it on to each other, and – when you need it – to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment