Friday, August 31, 2012

Let the people know

As an artist I think one of the best things you can do is, let people know what you are working on. Keep everyone updated via twitter, facebook, instagram and your blog, it's a great way to keep people in the loop and inspire other artists. This also creates a buzz about your work, as you post the progress people will look forward to seeing the final product. Especially if you are selling your product, as you share the progression people have the opportunity to think about whether they want to purchase it or not, who could they buy it for? what room do they need to hang that print in?

I used to struggle with this idea, because I didn't want to come off proud and showy, like "look at me". With time and through wisdom from other I see that God is who I am sharing. The gifts he's given me is the progress I show. It is up to me to be an example of humbleness and stewardship of my talents and if I do it will translate in my sharing.

Here's what I've shared this week

One of the biggest wins in sharing your work and progress with others is the opportunity to inspire others. For me one of my number one goals as an artist is to inspire others to use their creative gifts to worship God. I always want to inspire, I love the chance to talk with an artist about where they are and where they want to be, to cultivate the dream is my dream. Here's an email I got last night through my website.

Reading this warmed made me smile big because it reminded me of how I was six years ago. I loved art and I loved God and I wanted to know how to do both of those things for the rest of my life. At that time someone spoke truth into me that changed the entire course of my career and ministry. I can't wait to respond to this sweet girl. The truth is, what I get to do IS a dream, not without its ups and downs but still the only dream I would choose for me, and that is why I share. 

So share!




No comments:

Post a Comment