Thursday, November 3, 2011

take risks.


Flip that around. If you have a spirit of timidity, God has not given it to you. Something about hearing it in the reverse order always catches me. The first time I heard someone say it that way? Instant tears.

Why? Because I've always struggled with timidity, shrinking back. I think it's because I've spent most of my life trying to hide away my weaknesses and muscle up my strengths.

But Christ says that where we are weak, He is strong. And I've been challenged in that lately. What if I became willing to offer up my weaknesses, too?

Shrinking back negates taking risks. But. I have to tell you something. Risks are essential. If you want to grow your business, your ministry, your dependence? Risk.

What if we were about taking intentional risks? Not all willy-nilly. Just intentional and surrendered risking after the will of God.

Are you afraid to start? Do it.

Are you shrinking back from asking for help? Do it.

Are you afraid of people? Meet them.

Are you holding on to safety nets? What ifs? Drop them.

Jump in.

What's the worst that can happen? You're going to fail some. But. When you are weak, He is strong.

Will you take that risk you've been avoiding and then? Then? Please! Share it here? I know it's hard to be vulnerable. I know it. But, will you do it anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment